From wine country cuisine to authentic Mexican restaurants, the best restaurants in Orange County offer fine dining and drinking in every price range. Whether you are a local seeking a new spot to grab a bite, on a tourist jaunt to Disneyland or spending a relaxing day on the beach, you're sure to find the ideal cuisine among the versatile collection of restaurants found in Orange County, California.
1. Napa Rose
1600 South Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, California 92802
California wine country cuisine in the Disney Grand Californian Hotel
Napa Rose is nothing short of exquisite, from the food, to the service and atmosphere. Zagat consistently gives it top ratings and Executive Chef Andrew Sutton's seasonal menus are inspirational. Even better, this fine dining experience is family friendly! There is a fabulous wine list, of course, and the restaurant is also highly rated by Gayot.
- 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM, daily
- Reservations recommended: (714) 781-3463
Price: $36 or more
2. Las Brisas
361 Cliff Drive, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Mexican seafood overlooking the cliffs of Laguna Beach
Traditional Mexican and South American seafood specialties are the order of the day at Las Brisas, a scenic clifftop favorite in Laguna. Positioned right over main beach, and next to the art museum, Las Brisas is an appealing place to stop for a drink, appetizer or full meal.
- Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM -10:30 AM and Sunday Brunch: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM and Satuday: 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Friday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Saturday: 4:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- Sunday: 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM (except holidays)
- Reservations recommended: (949) 497-5434 or OpenTable
Price: $11 - $30
3. The Hobbit
2932 E. Chapman Avenue, Orange, CA 92869
Prix Fixe single seating in a unique atmosphere
You start your evening in the Hobbit wine cellar, sipping champagne and eating appetizers in a cocktail party atmosphere, and then move along to your dinner party's table to enjoy a superb five-course meal. The restaurant regularly posts upcoming menus. Also, make sure you try their customized wine pairings!
- Wednesday - Sunday: 7:00 PM - Close
- Private parties (by special arrangement): Monday and Tuesday
- Reservations recommended: (714) 997-1972, fax (714) 997-3181 or OpenTable
Price: $50 or more
4. Agora Churrascaria
1830 Main Street, Irvine, Ca 92614
A meat lover's dream restaurant if there ever was one
Agora Churrascaria is unlike any steak house you've ever enjoyed. This Brazilian-style steak house features up to 16 different cuts of premium-grade beef, pork, lamb and chicken, cooked to perfection and then carved table-side by waiters dressed to resemble Gauchos. To satisfy every guest, Agora Churrascaria also offers seafood dishes and a seasonal hot and cold salad bar.
- Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00 PM -10:00 PM (9:30 PM last seating)
- Happy Hour: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM daily
- Reservations encouraged: (949) 222-9910 or online
Price: $50 or less
30801 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
French cuisine in the Montage Resort
Studio, the amazing restaurant at the Montage resort in beautiful Laguna Beach, earns a reputation as one of the best restaurants in Orange County, California and gathers awards like kids gather shells down at the beach. This captivating restaurant features fine Contemporary French and Contemporary American cuisine inspired by the finest seasonal and artisanal ingredients from local growers, orchards, ranches and farms.
- Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- On-site valet parking: $5.00 (after validation)
- Reservations required: (949) 715-6420 or OpenTable
Price: $50 or more
19100 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, California 92612
American Cuisine in Irvine
Enjoy meat or seafood in a contemporary elegant environment. A prix fixe menu is available. Bistango boasts an "award-winning wine list" that features more than 400 varieties. This fine dining restaurant is also the recipient of the OpenTable Diner's Choice Award for 2011.
- Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Bar Menu: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - Close, Saturday: 5:30 PM - Close
- Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday and Saturday: 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - Close
- Closed Sunday, but available for private events
- Reservations recommended: (949) 752-5222 or OpenTable
Price: $31 - $50
7. Marche Moderne
3333 Bristol Street, #3001, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Contemporary French Cuisine at South Coast Plaza
In the location formerly occupied by Troquet, at the Nordstrom's end of South Coast Plaza, Marche Moderne offers French cuisine with a creative flair that even the most discerning diners will appreciate. Blending sumptuous French bistro dishes with modern American cuisine is what Marche Moderne does best. This restaurant is the recipient of many awards, including OpenTable.com's Diner's Choice for Best Food, Fit for Foodies and Great for Lunch.
- Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM and Sunday: 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Reservations suggested: (714) 434-7900 or OpenTable
Price: $31 - $50
8. Stonehill Tavern
St. Regis Resort, Monarch Beach, 1 Monarch Beach Resort, Dana Point, CA 92629
Poshest tavern you've ever seen
Michael Mina's Stonehill Tavern is situated in the St. Regis Resort in Dana Point. This innovative showpiece for Mina has the illusion of casual dining with all the trappings of the finest restaurant experiences. The restaurant presents Modern American cuisine with a clear focus on the freshest seasonal ingredients. To complete their meal selections, Stonehill Tavern boasts a truly impressive wine list.
- Dinner: Wednesday and Sunday: 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM, Bar opens 5 PM
- Reservations recommended: (949) 234-3318.
Price: $61 or more