The best cute love quotes are those sayings that just make you go "Awww…" They are the perfect sentiments for Valentine's Day cards or any other occasion when you want to make a loved one smile. Here are a few of the sweetest, best cute love quotes out there.
1. "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell."
This screen siren, one of the most famous actresses of the 1930s and 1940s, hits the nail right on the head with this statement about the unpredictability of love. This is one of the best love quotes because it's a feeling we all understand.
2. "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."
Who hasn't felt this way in the presence of their beloved? When words fail, a kiss is always appropriate.
3. "It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them."
What a wonderful sentiment! Consider using this one on a card with a picture of your beloved doing something completely silly.
4. "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."
Einstein might not be well known for his insights about love, but this is one of the best love quotes because it's from an unexpected source.
5. "A man loved by a beautiful woman will always get out of trouble.”
I'm not sure if the French philosopher had this one right, but it's still a cute and funny quote. If you're a man frequently in the doghouse, this one might get you out.
6. "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
-Franklin P. Jones
This American businessman who lived in the late 1800s and early 1900s certainly knew what he was talking about when it came to love. This quote is a perfect reminder of the roller coaster ride that love can be.
7. "Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence."
Mencken was a witty journalist, essayist, and magazine editor known as "the sage of Baltimore." He was one of the most influential writers of the first half of the 20th century, and despite his rather dim view of love he had a wonderful relationship with his wife, Sara. This quote exemplifies how we often feel that love has little to do with the mind and instead is fueled by the heart.
8. "Like the measles, love is most dangerous when it comes late in life."
The great English poet is still known today for his keen observations about the human condition, such as this one. If this cute love quote doesn't make you smile, who knows what will.
9. "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
It's too it's unknown who said these words, because they are so true. What a great sentiment for a wedding card!
10. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
-Henry David Thoreau
The great naturalist and author offers a short, simple quote that everyone who has ever loved knows is true. Love begets love, whether it's for friends, family or your spouse.
11. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
Helen Keller's sight and hearing were shrouded in darkness but by becoming a great political activist, she proved the strength of love could lend to a better understanding of the world around you.
12. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
Hugo often wrote about the cast-offs of society in his works. His words speak to how love can make you feel complete even when you feel at your lowest point as a human being.
14. "They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don't think it's possible for you to miss me as much as I'm missing you right now."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay
Poet Edna St. Vincent Millay felt and perfectly the ache that love causes with increased time and distance.
15. "Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is sign on as its accomplice."
Tom Robbins said it best when it comes to giving in to the wild abandon of love. Sometimes you need to sit in the sidecar and let love take you on a ride!
16. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
The nurse of verse spelled it out; when love feels so blissful, every waking moment is like a dream come true!
17. "She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal."
-Simone De Beauvoir
De Beauvoir portrays the agony of love through one of her characters. Love is a sweet agony that causes one to push aside reality.
18. "When I give I give myself."
The poet Walt Whitman was ever the wordsmith, but says it best with brevity.
19. "Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."
Plato philosophized that everyone has a soul mate, a literal half to combine and complete each other. It follows that those halves when joined would be in harmony.
20. "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get-only with what you are expecting to give-which is everything."
The classic actress Katharine Hepburn tells it like it is. Love is a two way street that asks for everything you've got.